PawPaw Pet Health Insurance & P.uma
About PawPaw Pet Health insurance
- A stand alone product available to the general broker
- PawPaw is a cost effective, easily understood pet health care product
- The PawPaw policy is an easy to read one page document, no technical jargon, hidden clauses or small print
- PawPaw takes care of the essential acute and trauma events – the events that really matter
- We avoid having to place limits or sub-limits on treatments through efficient case-management with support by our qualified veterinarian
- Pre-authorisation and evaluation of pre-quotes enables effective cost management and control
- A bespoke IT platform with full administration and claims processing
Established in 2012, Pet Underwriting Managing Agents is a provider of simple and reliable comprehensive short term insurance for medical costs relating to your cat and dog. Although our offices are in Cape Town, we operate throughout South Africa, with representation in the Western Cape, KZN and Gauteng.
How Pet Underwriting Managing Agents is run
We're a Underwriting Manager on behalf of Renasa Insurance Co Ltd
P.UMA was established to help defray the cost of medically-necessary healthcare costs for Cats and Dogs. Our core business is short term insurance for medical costs relating to sickness and or injury to your pet.
We are self –administered. We perform all our functions in-house, and our daily operations are overseen by our operational Director, Ms Chanelle Williams who brings 20 years plus experience in medical administration. We have no corporate infrastructure and nurture a friendly approachable and more importantly caring culture to all our interactions. Whether such interactions are toward Brokers/Intermediaries, broker clients or indeed to the pets themselves – WE CARE. We can ONLY deal via brokers
Our licence allows us to offer products to the market via Brokers however in terms of claims handling we often find that the we become involved directly with clients as we apply our experience toward slick claims settlement.
The Underwriting division is responsible for processing all changes to cover detail such as ;
- Application forms or sign ups
- Change of detail requests.
- Proof of subscription payments
- Addition of new pets.
- Contact detail updates